Counselling is a free services that is available to all students. At times people experience issues that cause distress, and counselling can help to identify and work through these. Our counselling team aims to help you find the most appropriate solution. We will help you clarify the problem, explore your alternatives and find solutions.
For a confidential appointment please contact June Menzies.
- Individual counselling appointments
- Educational workshops (e.g. managing stress, bullying, homesickness)
- Support for academic issues
- Conflict resolution
- Critical incident stress management
- Referral to other services as appropriate
What can counselling help with?
Your issues don’t have to be study-related, and they don’t have to be ‘major’. Some of the issues we deal with include:
- Managing stress
- Relationship issues
- Family issues
- Finding friends, social skills
- Grief and loss
- Mental health issues
- Trauma, abuse or violence
- The impacts of physical illness
- Homesickness and adjustment to life at uni
- Drug and alcohol use
- Self esteem